Stampin' Up! is making some big changes to their Color Collections this year.
The 2018 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog (goes live June 1, 2018) will have lots of color changes--and new ink pad design.
Here are some printable Color Resources for you:
- Color Revamp Summary--details/visuals describing old vs new (50 colors → 53 colors!)
- 2018 Colors Collection (visual of all 2018 colors)
- 2018 Color Revamp COLOR COACH--4 Core Color Collections
- 2018 Color Revamp COLOR COACH--In Colors (2017-2019 & 2018-2020)
- 2018 Color Revamp COLOR COACH--(BLANK/make your own combos) 4 Core Color Collections
- 2018 Color Revamp COLOR COACH--(BLANK/make your own combos) In Colors (2017-2019 & 2018-2020)
COLOR REVAMP QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
Question #1: Will the new formulation of ink refills work in my old style ink pads?
Short answer: Yes! (The new refills are perfectly safe/compatible to use in your old pads.)
- Basic Gray (Archival) is going back to a non-permanent, Classic water-based die ink; it will no longer be Archival quality. (Newly formulated ink will bleed if trying to use with a colorbook/watercoloring technique.) So if your pad says Archival? And you want that capability? Make sure you have a Basic Gray ink refill on hand or order it NOW.
- Basic Black (Archival) ink is being completely retired. If you love THIS ink? Again, make sure you have your refills. In the next catalog, our black options will only be Jet Black StazOn (yes, it's coming back!) and Tuxedo Black Memento.
- REMEMBER THIS WARNING:
StazOn + Photopolymer = clean immediately!
If you love that StazOn is coming back, YAY!! Me too!! BUT WHEN USING STAZON WITH PHOTOPOLYMER STAMPS, YOU MUST CLEAN THEM RIGHT AWAY, OR YOU TAKE THE RISK OF DAMAGING THE STAMPS! I completely ruined a stamp set before I realized the risk. My words chipped off. StazOn is solvent based, so it is quick drying. That can potentially make the photopolymer stamps brittle and break.
Question #2: Will the new style ink pads fit in my Color Caddy that I already have?
Short answer: Yes!
BUT just not as tightly as the current/old ink pad style. If you store the updated pads in your caddy, you’ll want to be careful when rotating the caddy and not turn it too fast.
Here's the fit/difference in pads in the caddy:
I thought I'd also show you more differences/features:
How they stack:
How they look:
How they look--bottom & inside:
Just like probably most of you, I won't be replacing all my ink pads right away.
But I'm sure excited to get my hands on the brand new colors!!
I'm hope you are, too!!
As always, if you have questions, let me know!!