Polished Stone is one of my very favorite techniques.
It's been around a long time, and it's so easy!
We made this at my Glossy Cardstock Technique Class a couple weeks ago:
Isn't it GORGEOUS???
For the technique, you need glossy cardstock, 2 or 3 Classic ink refills, a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle.
- Put a couple drops of each ink on a cotton ball.
- Spritz cotton ball with the rubbing alcohol.
- Pounce color on glossy cardstock until its covered as you desire.
- If you don't cover your whole piece, you can add more ink drops and continue.
- Every background looks different--depending on the colors you choose, how many drops of ink you use and even how BIG the drops are!
- You can also pounce and twist your color on for a different look.
If you wanna try the technique out, choose a couple colors of ink that you love together and start playing!
I prefer deeper/richer, monochromatic colors RATHER than lighter ones and/or non-monochromatic. (Start with all blues or all greens, etc--such as Night of Navy and Marina Mist as opposed to Navy and Rich Razzleberry.)
Here's what I used on this card:
Have a fabulous weekend!!
And stay safe and warm!